- Send passwords, memos, secrets, tokens, and high-privacy items with total security knowing they will be deleted once opened by the receipient.
- As the first open source project to do this, you can finally trust that it is secure and verify that the messages are deleted after receipt.
1) Install Python, pip and then Django
2) Clone repository at https://github.com/runar-org/messenger.git
3) Open project and setup database with
python manage.py migrate
4) Serve the app with
python manage.py runserver
- Python, full stack using Django.
- AES for encryption, using the python toolkit pycrypto: https://pypi.org/project/pycrypto/
Determine most important features to an anonymous messaging system.
- complete anonymity for sender and receiver
- permanently delete messages after receiving or timeout
- set your own decryption phrase or use the system provided encryption